Sunday, August 25, 2013

My first controversial Korean statement

I think that I might not be all that into bibimbap. A traditional dish of rice mixed with vegetables, meat, and eggs, along with a spicy sauce, bibimbap just doesn't really float my boat. I'll try it more times, of course, but the few times I've had it now, I didn't love it. Perhaps it's that there is really so much rice (makes sense, as the name translates to "mixed rice") and not enough sauce. Perhaps it's the weird stick-like vegetables. I'm actually super relieved to have found a Korean food that I don't dig! I was starting to worry about how fat I'm going to get...


Luckily, bibimbap always comes with side dishes! Side dishes, yeah! Pictured below are, from left to right, kimchi, (astounding) fried eggplant, sweet noodles, fried zucchini slices, two types of pickled radish, and a sort of seafood-mushroom-creamed-curry thing. They were all really delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment