Monday, July 22, 2013

5 Photos for Oradea, Romania

After my Dad arrived on Saturday and we walked up to the Citadel, we spent Sunday riding bikes and eating fried fish at the Romai part. On Monday we headed to Romania. The first part of the trip was easy-going, and we even made it quickly across the border. We had some trouble finding the hostel, and when we finally did, it turned out that they'd gotten our order wrong and put us in a single room. So we left and went to the nearby Ramada, and I stayed in a proper hotel for the first time in... years? I think since 2010! There were so many towels! The shower had 2 different heads, one of which was the fancy overhead rain-type ones! The bed was so fluffy! There was a TV! Obviously, I spend far too much of my time in hostels and couchsurfing.

After a bit of rest we headed out to see the town. We walked around and saw the main sights, though Dad was more distracted by the cheesy bread than anything else. We also visited the depressing old synagogue, totally abandoned and mostly destroyed. We grabbed a beer and then some pizza and then an over-priced Magnum bar. It was all delicious. I watched music videos until the wee hours of the morning, giddy with my multiple pillows and music television channels.

The Raven, art nouveau style.
Dad photographs, looks badass.
pretty little town
texting like a teenager
me and the river

No comments:

Post a Comment