Saturday, July 27, 2013

Not so emo

I just want to mention that I'm doing ok. I'm enjoying my last few days in Budapest. I spent yesterday in the park playing games with Balint, and then last night I went out with some great friends and danced and talked until the wee hours of the morning. I'm laughing a lot, giving and getting lots of hugs, and savoring last tastes of my favorite foods.

Last night I had "fusion" tacos, which were essentially my favorite Hungarian food, sztrapacska (potato noodles with sheep cheese and bacon), in a corn shell, grilled crispy and golden. They were transcendent. I can't believe I didn't know that such a thing existed.

So I'm not depressed, and I'm not super sad, even if I do randomly start crying from time to time. I wouldn't have it the other way, though. I'm glad that I'm leaving Budapest while I still love it. I'm glad that Budapest will always be here, with the things that I love and the things that I hate. I'm glad to have known these people and places. Just sometimes you get home at 430 in the morning and write emo blog posts. Those are valid, too.

It's bittersweet to go, but much more sweet to have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment