Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stuff

Sometime's it's very hard to remember that the items we own are just, well... stuff. I'm going through my possessions and cutting down on what I own in an attempt to be ready to move.

My beautiful bicycle, Tiffani, has been sold. I still have a few more days with her, as the buyers won't be picking her up until the end of the month, but I am sad nevertheless. She and I have been through so much together: four years of commutes, adventures, falls, and sunshine. I'm honestly and legitimately very sad to let her go.


My hiking backpack, which has taken many trips with me. My weekend bag, which has taken me through five full years of whirl-wind trips, but which is falling apart a little bit. A picture frame given to me by a friend. My little jewelry box, too small now for my rather embarrassing jewelry collection.

Stuff is stuff, and it's time to let a lot of my stuff go. Some things, though, I'll hold on to. Mo, my stuffed tiger friend. A shoe box full of knick knacks, small memories of places I have been and people I have known. Some art, that will be staying with my dad while I go on my next adventure. My tiny stuffed Meowth that has gone on every overnight trip I've taken since high school.

Plus, I can always get more stuff in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment