Monday, May 12, 2014

Pristine Beach

And now my memories of my winter vacation will continue on to the Philippines. After a noisy night at a hostel near the Manila airport, we hopped a budget flight to Palawan Island. We stayed in Puerto Princesa, the largest city on the island. After checking in to our hostel, we headed to the nearest beach, actually named "Pristine Beach," via one of the little motorbike cabs that swarm all over the island.

The water was warm and calm (and flooded over the entrance due to it being high tide... we had to wade to the beach area!). We got a table and then took turns swimming out into the sea. At one point I floated on my back, ears under the water, and watched the clouds race across the sky as all my life floated away.

I may not be the biggest fan of the beach, but I do love the ocean.
local girls on the way to the beach
the beach and the sun
shades

No comments:

Post a Comment