Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Some Updates

I've formally accepted the position in San Jose, sent off all my paperwork and all that stuff. So the only thing that remains to be done is to be fingerprinted, which I can't do here anyway. I'll arrive at 11:30 am, local time, on Friday September 5th to start my new adventure in the States. Whoo!

I've also found a probable flatmate, another girl in the program who is looking for someone with whom to share a two-bedroom apartment. Her name is Anna, and she seems cool. The positive thing is that she's in the area already, which helps with the whole actually-finding-a-place part of life. She's also open to the thought of living with a cool couple, so if John finds a job in San Jose he can move right in with me. That, of course, takes a lot of pressure off of us, because we no longer have to decide between living together RIGHT NOW or in over an year. Since that pressure's been off, I've felt so much better about... life in general, really.

Small things are coming together. I have, for instance, bought a phone. Pretty much the only thing I'll have to do when I'm at home is activate the thing and buy a few pairs of khakis, which is good since I'll only be home nine full days before I have to head to California.

Here in Korea, things are plugging along. I still need to set up a doctor and a dentist appointment, but I think I've found a way to get my money home, which would take even more weight off my chest. I'm halfway done with my first camp, now, and the end is in sight: two weeks from now I'll be heading on my grand holiday, and two weeks after that I'll be heading to the States! It's actually sort of crazy to think about how soon it's all going to come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment