Monday, March 11, 2013

New blog!

I decided it was time for a new blog. I have an old one (laureninbudapest.blogspot.com) but the pressure of keeping up with the old me, with the old me's dedication and long-windedness, was exhausting. So I started a new one, and this is it.

The title is bilingual, Hungarian and Spanish. Naponta, in Hungarian, means "daily." Un Pensamiento, in Spanish, means "a thought." That is my goal for this little blog, this new blog and new piece of my life. A "daily" (I'm using the figurative here. I doubt I'll post daily. Certainly there will be times when I'm traveling or busy or just don't feel like posting) snippet of my life.

Reflections. Rants. Musings. Photos. Videos. Silly things I've found on the internet. Silly things I've done in my life. Serious things, too, probably.

The subtitle for my new blog is "the daily thoughts of a lucky one." This comes from what might be my all-time favorite song, "Lucky One" by Alison Krauss. Oh, magical internet, here is a music video for you!



There are just so many bits of this song that I adore:

free as the wind blowing down the road
not a care in the world, not a worry in sight, every thing's gonna be all right
you look at the world with a smiling eye
to you the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing
you're blessed by never knowing which road you're choosing
no matter where you're at, that's where you'll be

That's me. I'm the lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment