Friday, March 22, 2013

Soreness

There have been few days in the last year or so that my muscles haven't ached. A week or two over a few holidays, a few days here and there. But for the most part, I have been at least somewhat sore somewhere on my body for over a year. It's a bit crazy to contemplate.

I bike, run, swim, do yoga, do pilates, flail about at zumba, and lift weights. It's a pleasant soreness, but it's there nonetheless. Stand up from a chair and wince just a little, stretch my arms above my head and hiss out a bit of breath. Laugh too hard and have to rub at my stomach.

I feel good about this. A lot of the time I get strange about weight loss. I don't like that I can't eat whatever I want. I don't like that I have to log my food to be successful. I don't like that I have to be careful about something that most of the world doesn't care about, or doesn't have to.

Bench-pressing 100 pounds, running for over an hour straight, squatting my body weight, though? Those things I love. So I'll take the soreness, and keep pushing. I really want to see what I can get this body to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment