Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tiny Mewling Cub

I am, once again, a helpless infant who needs every single little thing done for her.

When I first moved abroad, to Spain, I spoke the language and could generally fend for myself. Plus, I was in the happy little bubble of study abroad. At most, I needed to ask where things were.

The second time, moving to Hungary, was much more difficult. I didn't speak the language. I wasn't in a bubble. I figured it out, but it was all so difficult. I'm experiencing this again here in Korea. I need help for opening accounts, getting phones, using the bank, paying bills, everything. I'm trying hard to remember that I've done this before and that it will get easier. Certainly, I'm doing better than many other Korean newbies are: I can ride the bus, take taxis, and buy food successfully. There is that.

Yesterday I went to try to get a cell phone. We were there for three hours, and I left without a cell phone! I almost cried. I'll head back there in a few minutes to try again with my new and improved banking setup. It better work, or I might actually lose it!

No comments:

Post a Comment