Thursday, September 5, 2013

Work Shoes

I bought work shoes.

Now, in Hungary I kept work shoes as well, since I mainly biked to work in my sneakers. Korean work shoes, however, are something else. Everyone wears large plastic sneakers inside of the school. Or maybe croc-esque things. Some of the ladies have more stylish ones, but I have enormous feet by Korean standards, so I was stuck getting totally fug man shoes.

The thing that kills me is that Koreans put a huge importance on appearance. You have to dress nicely for work. No shoulders can be shown. You have to spend tons of money on anti-aging creams, because if you appear to be older than thirty your career is pretty much over. They even go so far that plastic surgery is a huge thing here.

So you get up, rub spendy creams into your face, put on lovely clothing, and head to work... where you slip into some gym/shower shoes.

With socks. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment