Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sick in Korea

I had to go running out of my second-period class today to be sick. So I got to spend the rest of the day at work, but in the nurse's office, curled up between two heating blankets and asleep. Except when I was woken up at lunch to go sit at the lunch table and eat some soup.

My coteachers took me to the doctor after work was over. I was prescribed a variety of pills, which you can see above in their adorable little packets (morning, noon, and night). I have a bad cold. Possibly the flu. My coteachers also bought me two servings of porridge (juk) which you can also see above. It has shredded chicken and is the Korean equivalent of chicken noodle soup. I was so touched that I cried in the pharmacy. Then they all called to check up on me. More tears.

I'm never more aware of the fact that I am an extrovert (just a judgy one) than when I am sick. I just want someone to come lay with me, pet my hair, and talk to me! My energy is so low and I become a giant ball of need. But movies help. Porridge, too.

1 comment:

  1. My poor LL. I wish I was there to pet your hair and get you a soda! I hope you feel better but I'm glad you have so many kind people looking out for you.

    I love you, Dad xoxox

    ReplyDelete