Friday, November 1, 2013

Stuff I have had to make my students say

This is not a post dedicated to the ridiculous things my students say of their own free will. This is a post dedicated to the phrases I have been forced to teach my students, to make them repeat them ad nauseum until they were etched into their little brains, thanks to the Korean national curriculum.

  • The lemon said, "I'm bigger than an orange."
  • There is a penguin standing at the magic bus stop.
  • May I have a fork? (uttered of course by the hapless waygookin child who can't use chopsticks)
  • Do you remember what the kiwi bird said?
  • You look like a Scotsman.
  • How **** it is!
  • My face pouch has many songs.
  • Yes. I'm your Daddy-Long-Legs.
  • Sorry, but you may not have your dress.
  • I rode Rony, a flying cat.
  • Look at the blue cap! Oh, it's a blue cap. This is a blue cap for you. (WHAT IS IT?!)

The upcoming unit is entitled "King Sejong Invented Hangeul." It includes the following exchange:
  • Jiho: He invented Hangeul, the Korean alphabet. Now everyone can read and write.
  • Amy: He did a really good job!
  • Jiho: Yes. He did many things for us. He made a water clock, too.
  • Amy: He's amazing.

Jeezy Creezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment