Monday, November 4, 2013

Surprise

Things keep happening unexpectedly in this country.

I ended my work day on Friday just exhausted. It had been a very fun week, with all the Halloween festivities, but it sort of took it all out of me. So I did some yoga and had a nap, pretty typical night, really. Except then I left my house and things took a turn for the much less typical. It was all somewhat... unsettling? But that's not the right word. I feel off balance and somewhat uncertain, but not in a bad way.

What is it when you feel simultaneously nervous and comfortable? Is there a word for that? I'm sure there is in German, they win at the very specific emotional descriptors. In the meantime, I'll just call it Korea and spending too much time inside my own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment