Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Jimjilbang

I spent Christmas day with my friend Tiffany, eating crazy pretzels for breakfast, bingsu for lunch, and Burger King for dinner. We paid a quick visit to the beach this morning, but spent most of the day at the spa. Now, in Korea, spa doesn't mean what it means in the States.

Basically, it's the 70s here in Korea. If you know what I mean.

I also endeavoured to remove every cell of dead skin from my body with the help of a pink scratchy rag and, given that I still glow a faint pink, I think I did an ok job of it. I sauna-ed for a bit, and spent some time in the outdoor rock spa as well. There is just something about being naked outside, particularly in the winter, that makes me feel calm and connected to the world. (Seriously; I'm not being snide there.)

So it was a good day, and I'm not sad any more. Which means that today's plans of distraction did their job. Success!
outside the train station upon arriving in Busan

Haeundae beach

on the train home

No comments:

Post a Comment