Thursday, December 26, 2013

One, Two, One-point-two

Sometimes, I just want things to be simple. I want things to fall into my lap, and be easy. And, sometimes, they are. Sometimes they are beautifully easy. You hold them gently in your cupped hands, staring at them with wonder, afraid to blink, scared to believe they exist. You touch them, ever so softly, and find that they push back under your fingers, tangible. Real.

On a totally unrelated note, I've been relying on Youtube for music since the untimely death of my external hard drive in August. I was feeling like listening to some Shakira, so now I'm watching those videos. Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Her new (to me) videos are some of the sexiest things I've ever seen. Even the one with literal break dance fighting.

On a semi-related note, after I had my monthly soul-crushing sob alone in my classroom today (stupid Christmas, stupid womanhood, stupid uncertainty), my coteachers noticed my state. They all surged into action. I now have an action committee. They really are beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment