Monday, January 13, 2014

Cold

It is cold, cold, cold here in Daejeon at the moment. My hands went quite stiff in just six minutes at the bus stop. Of course that didn't cause me to actually put my phone away. Because addiction. My toes are cold, too, so I'm wearing multiple pairs of socks. On the plus side, the heat in my school and flat is purring away quite effectively, so it's only outside that I suffer.

I finished camp one today. Tomorrow camp two will start and I'll do it all over again. I'm always a bit nervous about having to repeat something that was, frankly, somewhat ad-libbed. (Camp itself was planned to the letter, but my lectures were not. I just rambled about how World War I was not really anybody's fault, and other like topics.) I'm sure it will be fine, though.

I went back to Jeonju this weekend. John's birthday is next week, but I'm leaving on holiday on Friday, so I decided to spirit him away this weekend. (The infinite superiority of gifting experiences over things cannot be overstated, in my opinion.) We visited the traditional Hanok village that I had spent thirty rain-soaked minutes sprinting though during orientation. It was beautiful and peaceful, and quite a relief to get out of Daejeon for a little bit.

I think I might be getting old, though, based on my weekend. Friday night I stayed in and played cards. Saturday I was up before eight to go spend the day at, essentially, Colonial Koreasburg. Then I was asleep before midnight again, and up before eight on Sunday for an action-packed day of watching movies, reading, and eating too much food. It was pretty great, though.

Now I just have four more days before I get out of Korea for real for a bit. I'm so pleased. I've *missed* traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment