Monday, January 6, 2014

My Front Door

Well, my door broke again. Which wound up making me 45 minutes late to work, but got resolved rather quickly. The repairman came and fixed the jam in the lock, and then yelled at me (I think to the effect that I should install a keypad lock. I just repeated, "I don't speak Korean." in a dead voice until he stopped. I've never understood the insistence that people will suddenly understand you if you just shout and invade their personal space.), and then showed me 8 or so times how to turn the key in the now-unjammed lock while I nodded and said that, yes, I do understand the concept of a lock. But at least they were nice and understanding at work about the whole being late thing.

I accomplished almost literally nothing today, which means that I actually have a fair amount to do tomorrow. But camp starts on Wednesday so hopefully that will inspire me to actually, you know, do my damn job. Because I have been a really lazy waste the past week. If I ever get the bright idea to work for myself, remind me of this. Just say "deskwarming." My lack of self-motivation at work these days is sort of horrifying.

On a more positive note, I had a pretty good weekend. I spent Friday evening at Jihei's, mainly coloring and playing with her kid. It was really fun, actually, and reminded me that I am quite fond of toddlers in the right context. Then I went home and curled up with my electric blanket, a glass of wine, and my kindle, reveling in my solitude after a week of... solitude. Oh, well.

Saturday some of us attempted to go to an ice festival. That was not successful, but we did manage to wander around, make too much noise at cafes, and play the rhyme game I so love. Sunday was dog walking and eating myself almost sick at Dino Meat.

There are moments you don't want to forget, but don't want to talk about either. There were those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment