Friday, January 17, 2014

Seven Good Things, Week Three

Saturday: I walked through a little bamboo forest. They were cool and smooth to the touch, and the little stumps of the culled stalks were surprisingly strong. Did you know that bamboo is just badass grass?

Sunday: I'm currently reading a silly YA book series, but I'm enjoying it. Sunday I got to read it, but in company. There is something just super pleasant about people that you can just read with, and don't have to always be talkative and "on" around. So I sat, and I read, and I was happy.

Monday: My first camp ended. That was a good thing. Monday was not a fantastic day.

Tuesday: I had dinner with my girls, and we got wings, which were tasty. Then Liz and I went and got a beer too many, and had deep and serious conversation together, our faces too close and our gestures too animated. I got a lot of things off my chest. It was a relief. I also slept like a baby.

Wednesday: I had dinner up in Techno Valley with tall Amanda. She took me to a place that brings you unlimited pizza with your order, so I finally got to try all the bizarre Korean variations on pizza risk-free!

Thursday: Tiffany bought a car recently, and she took me for a ride. We drove home after dinner in the dark along the river, singing along to country music, and everything just sort of floated away. And then I packed, 24 hours before my departure, which is definitely a personal record for me. 16 days in a backpack and purse: I've still got it.

Friday: I'm leaving tonight. I'm off on an adventure, finally, after three-and-a-half months in one single country. It's time to go. I can already feel the new wind on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment