Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Today I read this, and it rang true. I also have noticed that I tend to neglect you, little blog, on Fridays. Maybe I'm just tired on Fridays, or looking forward to the weekend, or who knows. Anyway, therein comes my New Year's Resolution: from now on, my Friday posts will be dedicated to recognizing an amazing moment from my life, each day. It's not that I don't notice them now, most of the time at least, but maybe writing them down will make them more tangible and help me to remember them when I'm feeling low.

Saturday: We went Noraebanging, and I sang "Time after Time," which was fun. I think I need to try that one next time I'm forced to sing at a work event. We also won extra time singing "F*** You," which is a really fun group song.

Sunday: I was told I was missed. That was comforting knowledge to have.

Monday: The first day of my deskwarming stint allowed me to come to work in my sweats and watch tv while completing the anxiety-soothing task of cutting out 72 identical cardboard circles of exactly 4 cm diameter.

Tuesday: New Year's Eve. Pretty much the whole night was fantastic.

Wednesday: Finding a really comfortable place to lie in the sun.

Thursday: That first crispy bite into a steaming hotteok (Korean pancake-like thing, filled with a hot cinnamony paste) on a cold winter night.

Friday: Sherlock season 3 at work, shrieking happily at the computer while alone in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment