Monday, February 10, 2014

The Confessional Post

So, I have a boyfriend. I don't think this is news to anyone reading this, but you never know. There might be people lurking about. And, anyway, this is my blog and surely I deserve to do a little bit of "Dear Diary" on my own blog.

His name is John. He's just had his thirtieth birthday. He also works as an English teacher, though I think he wouldn't say that he IS an English teacher. I like him because he is sweet, honest, whip smart, and funny. We have compatible interests and tastes. (He's also kind of really ridiculously good-looking.) I really like him, though, for two reasons. First, there is no nonsense game-playing and he is not put off by my occasional brute-force style of honesty. Second, he likes me most (or so I read his face, at least) when I am a good person: picking up some litter, helping a stranger, just generally being a kind and decent human person. And, I think, that's super important. So important.

I like him most when he smiles.

I don't want to talk about other people on here too much. Everyone has the right to their privacy and all that. But he's becoming an important fixture in my life; it was starting to feel wrong to not introduce him formally. So, little blog, meet John.

No comments:

Post a Comment