Friday, February 28, 2014

Seven Good Things, Week Whatever/Back At It

Saturday: On Saturday I helped Tiff move to her new town. This was a hard day for me, because I realized that I would be totally on my own in Jeonmin-dong from then on. The bad thing about my job is that there isn't really anyone I am able to interact with on a level beyond "Today do lesson 3, yes? OK?" on most days. That means that some weeks I'll wind up going three or four days without actually speaking, out loud, to anyone in a complete sentence. That can get really hard. It certainly makes me miss having a flatmate and colleagues with whom I could chat or joke around. That being said, I was happy to see Tiffany in a nice place, in a beautiful apartment, and glad to be able to help someone I care about.

Sunday: I spent Sunday mainly with the boy. We had lunch, then finally saw "Frozen," which was actually super cute. Then we had Mexican food and a long walk. It was a beautiful day.

Monday: I can't remember anything about Monday, really. I managed to get a lot of administrative-type tasks done, though, so that was a plus.

Tuesday: I went to the chiropractor, which always refreshes me, and then I had chicken and beer with the girls. We got a bit punchy and laughed way too much.

Wednesday: I finally managed to choose a song that the Koreans could react to during forced Karaoke: Billy Jean was the winner.

Thursday: John got a job! That was such a relief. It's in another town, but that doesn't matter at all. If anything, we'll see more of each other now that he is on day shift.

Friday: One of my coteachers actually went out of her way to bring me lunch and sit and eat with me. This was so nice. I so often feel ignored and unappreciated at my school, so it was nice for somebody to go out of their way to do something nice for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment