Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Yelling

The people in my office have the tendency to yell at each other. Not in an angry way (I think?), but rather just to have conversations from across the office at the top of their lungs. Being as that I don't understand what they are saying to me it sounds like random noises combined with the occasional "AAAYYYYYEEEE" or "WWAAAEEEE" or "GAAAAAAHHH." Random whiny noises and incredibly loud "MMMMMMMM"s are also scattered in there. (I'm seriously amazed at the ability of Koreans to put volume behind their hums.) They also do this in public, such as on the bus or in a shop. At least people over the age of thirty do so.

Between that, the Hungarian tendency to just randomly shout announcements into a room, and Spanish people generally being Spanish, I must admit that I'm rather confused as to why and how Americans got the stereotype of being loud. I mean, we are. But it seems to me like pretty much every other nationality is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment