Saturday, February 22, 2014

Writing on a Saturday

Well, first off, I'm on an intercity bus and it's too dark for my kindle, which of course I left the light of at home. Second, I only blogged once last week, which was mainly a form of self preservation, to keep myself from saying things I'd come to regret on the internet. So I figure I owe the internet a bit of a catch up.

The sixth graders graduated on Wednesday in an interminable ceremony. I must admit I'm sad to see them go: while I sadly can't say I even know many of their real names, there were some that I had lovely conversation with regularly, or a fun and easy vibe in the lesson, and I felt I was having some sort of impact on them. I was able to differentiate the lessons for them pretty well because they were willing to work together and help each other. I'll miss them. I really hope the fifth graders mature a little bit now that they'll be the "big kids on campus." Because right now the maturity and level differences between the graduating and rising sixth graders is staggering.

After graduation the teachers took a sort of little excursion to eat pork and walk around a park area. As usual, all but my coteachers absolutely ignored me, but the food was delicious and the scenery was beautiful so I had a good time nonetheless. Thursday and Friday I was just deskwarming, alone in my office, which was relaxing and productive in its own way. I have two more days of that to look forward to next week before everyone comes back on Wednesday and I have to, like, start wearing proper clothes again.

I saw my friends in the evening on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. That was much needed.

Today I helped Tiffany move to her new city. I got up super early and then basically just helped her carry a few things and acted as a sounding board, as she'd hired movers for the majority of the stuff. So I feel like I didn't do all that much, but she assures me that it was a help. I also got to organize her kitchen; we all know how much I love creating systems so that made me very happy in that calming-my-demons sort of a way. Now I'm on the bus home from her town. I'm pretty sleepy, but not sleeping, for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment