Friday, June 20, 2014

Going Crazy

I think, in a small way, I might be going crazy. I'm certainly giving in to the crazier aspects of my personality a bit too freely. You see, it's the third week of June. I won't be Stateside for another 68 days. That's a long time away, really. But I'm in a bit of a panic over the whole thing.

Every day I trawl Craigslist. I remade an Americorps profile. I reworked my resume, created a LinkedIn profile, and have used that to apply for a few jobs. Ok, that sounds a bit type A, maybe, but not too crazy yet, right? Just wait.

I have extensively searched the part-time job listings in various towns, just in case I get one job. I have researched what my car insurance rates would be on various cars available for purchase in various towns that I have options in. Never mind that these cars are available now and I definitely won't be buying any of them. I just, you know, want to know. I have looked at the apartments and rooms available in these towns, as well. I don't mean I've given them a quick once over to get a general idea of quality and prices. I mean I have looked at dozens upon dozens of listings. I have figured out what the commute would be like between these potential apartments and the potential jobs they are associated with.

But what else am I supposed to do? Just relax and wait until a more appropriate time? That feels impossible right now. I've lined up, at least in a preliminary way, every single job I've had since college at least three or four months ahead of time, but usually more like six or seven. I'm only about three months away now. It feels so soon.

It's starting to feel almost ritualistic. I am uncertain, and I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment