Monday, June 16, 2014

This Weekend

I was in Daejeon the weekend of April 12. John and I painted Easter eggs and we had a picnic with some friends. Then I had two weekends in Seoul, a long weekend in Jeju, a weekend in Gyeongju, and one in Jecheon. I was here again the weekend of May 24th, John's last weekend in Korea. We did an art tour of the old downtown, had two fancy dinners, and visited the spa district in Yuseong-gu. After that, I went to a conference in Daegu and spent a long weekend visiting Isaac in Gangneung. So I think that it goes pretty much without saying that I was pretty pleased to have this weekend to just hang out at home and be lazy.

Friday night, my friend Haeri was kind enough to give me tickets to an international soccer friendly between the local Daejeon Citizens and a Russian team. So we headed to Daejeon World Cup Stadium to watch the game... or at least to drink a few beers and enjoy the incredibly enthusiastic crowd. They were also super fireworks happy. A few seconds after the kickoff, they shot fireworks up from the front of the stands, angled like the stands themselves. Amanda and I actually shrieked in terror. They also shot fireworks off for every goal and at the end of the tied match. A tiny little three or four year old even kissed Jenny on the cheek! It was fun.




Saturday I hung out at home and did a bunch of work for my Coursera classes. In the evening, I headed to Weizenhaus where I chatted with my friends and enjoyed their homebrews. Much fun was had. When I got home I managed to chat with my lovely boyfriend for a good long while via Skype, which was the perfect ending to the night.




Sunday I did virtually nothing! I slept in, relaxed, watched some TV, and even had a nice nap. Boy, did I need this weekend! Adventures and traveling are very important, but sometimes it's great to just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment