Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ballet

This morning I lay in bed, not asleep but not willing to leave the hazy fuzz of twilight quite yet, when my phone rang. It was 9:47.

My friend Kenzie explained that, as her visiting father wasn't feeling well, she and her mom had an extra ticket to the ballet. Did I want to go? I enthusiastically agreed. Then she told me it was at 11:00.

I managed to shower, pin up my hair, pull on a nice lace dress, and put on some jewelry and make up in 25 minutes. I made it in time, and got to enjoy the spectacle that was A Midsummer Night's Dream. The costumes and staging were incredible as always, the dancing was great, and it was even quite funny at times. Plus, it was in the Hungarian State Opera House, which never fails to disappoint.

I think one is living one's life in the correct way when surprise trips to the ballet happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment