Monday, April 15, 2013

The Theat-ah

This weekend.

Friday I went to the gym, came home and had a lovely nap curled up with my ratties. Then I went over to Pest and "Pivo" to hang out with Beeeeel and Lyla. We discussed Game of Thrones and Growlr. I drank a beer with a T-Rex on the label. (I would like the T-rex-y beer. The what? The dinosaur beer. The... dinosaur beer? Yes. The one with a dinosaur on it. Oh, ok.) Caught up on some TV with Lyla after Beeeeel headed home. Cut my gums open on an apple, of all things.

Saturday I woke wide awake before eight, despite that meaning I got only six or so hours of sleep. I tried to sleep a bit more, and then decided meh. Read a bit more of "His Dark Materials." Went to the gym for body pump and pilates. It was gorgeous out, so I biked. Then came home and showered, and Anna and I biked down to Ujbuda to have lunch with her family for Zsala's nameday. We went to the Kopasti gat, a little artificial jetty-type-thing that has been turned into a nice little park. It was a great place to sit outside and eat. We walked down to the end of the jetty and I stood just a few inches from the Duna and watched it whoosh away. It moves so quickly up close. It was blue yesterday. In the evening we went to the theater, in Hungarian, and I understood. It was a very funny play about Judaism and how people react to Judaism in modern Hungary. It was biting, but hysterical, too. Hungarian humor is dark. Then margaritas and corn-shell tacos and chatting.

Today I finally slept in (which means I'm currently in the process of staying up all night and ruining myself for the coming work week). Then I went to the Hid to watch Andrew and June perform some jazz. In the evening I saw "Warm Bodies" with Lyla, which I found adorable and quite funny. Definitely worth a see. Amazing salad for dinner and catching up on my TV viewing. Finally managed to skype my sister, too.

All in all, a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment