Friday, April 5, 2013

Waiting

I am very bad at waiting. I hate to do it. I do not mind being busy and working hard to accomplish something, but to just sit and wait for something to happen makes me crazy.
 
I don't mind waiting for trains and planes, but waiting for a bus is another matter.
 
I don't mind waiting for friends to show up nearly as much as I used to (having a smart phone helps), but it still irritates me.
 
The worst, though, is to hurry up and wait. Rush to a place to be there at an appointed time, and then sit around waiting to actually do something. Rush to get papers in, and then wait for them to get back in touch. Rush rush rush, and then sit, panting and sweaty (whether physically or emotionally) while everyone stares at you like you're crazy.
 
I will find out on Monday, probably, but definitely soon, what the next year or two of my life holds in store for me.
 
I can't stand the waiting.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should be worried. From what I've read, pretty much any native English speaker with any type of bachelor's degree can get a teaching job in Korea. You with a relevant Master's degree and years of teaching experience in two foreign countries should be a prime candidate.

    I guess you probably did some research before applying, and read about others' teaching experiences in Korea, so I would only like to recommend a blog that is not teaching related here, www.askakorean.blogspot.com. Written by a Korean-American, it has been covering cultural and political issues for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hey my first comment on the new blog! Thanks for the pep talk. :) I know I'm a pretty good candidate, but I just... hate the waiting!

    ReplyDelete