Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happy Birthday, Little Blog!

Today is your first birthday, Little Blog. Here in Korea, we'd put on hanboks and have a fancy buffet lunch to celebrate the fact that you are now rather unlikely to be struck down by an infantile disease.

Over the past year, I have written 218 blog posts. That averages out to one every 1.67 days. If you take away weekends, though, that's only 260 days, which means I have only missed blogging on 42 days, and have blogged every 1.19 days. Considering that I basically didn't blog for the month of August (20 days right there) while I was at home and at orientation, I'll call the whole thing a success.

I have had 5974 page views. Of those, only about 1000 probably came from me. Actually, my largest audience is in the USA, and South Korea (that's me, right there) is number two. Hungary, naturally, is number three (also probably me). Rounding out the top ten are: Vietnam (Juli?), Russia, Germany, Ukraine, the UK, Serbia, and France. I have to admit that I really have no idea who is reading this blog from most of those places.

If my readers would be willing to give a "hey!" in the comments, I would think it was cool to know who's here. Don't feel compelled, though. I've gotten a total of only 67 comments, the vast majority from my dad, so I usually feel like I'm throwing my words into the wind. I kind of like that, though. It's freeing, to feel anonymous, even when you know that you actually are not. It's also a good feeling to contemplate that I am writing, almost entirely, for myself. It's not great or significant writing, but it's still out there, and it's mine.

Anyway, that's enough statistics. I'm glad I have you, Little Blog. You give me a lot of catharsis, and I know that I will continue to enjoy revisiting the moments in my life through you. Here's to year two!

No comments:

Post a Comment