Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Olaf

When I showed up at this school, I was given a set of little laminates for my board that said, in Korean, "Activity 1," "Activity 2," and "Activity 3." I was also given a little laminated rabbit that pointed to the right, which I could move down the board to point at the particular activity I was hoping the class would do at the time. I quickly ditched the activity cards, preferring to make laminated cards for each activity and just stick those up on the board, but I grew to like the little bunny.

Today I discovered that the activity cards and the bunny were gone. I asked my handler about it, and she said that the school had decided to gather them all up. They would issue them back out before open lessons and such. Now, this makes no sense, but I suppose it does make busy work for somebody, who will now be able to run about on those days like a headless chicken doing the very important work of bunny distribution.

I was somewhat put out, myself. I liked that little bunny! Also, with all the recent madness regarding my classroom, why was I not informed that stuff would be being removed from it? So I taught my first three classes today with no pointer. I used a magnet. It was fine.

This afternoon, though, I made my own little pointer. And, let me tell you- they can pry my Olaf from my cold dead fingers.

1 comment: