Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hard to Blog

My life is hard to blog about right now.

My school is fine. The kids are great, the textbook is awful, my coteachers exist. It's all pretty fine. Other things are pretty awful, but I don't want to write about them on the internet. Other things are pretty damned awesome, but I don't want to write about them on the internet, either. The things I would be willing to write about are pretty mundane: I go to work, I do all my various extra lessons after work, I go to the chiropractor. My friends are lovely, we get together once or twice a week to eat and drink around a loud laughing table. The weather is warming up a bit, and many TV shows are incredible. I need to start waking up early and getting workouts in, but the current chilliness leaves me just under the motivation level. Sometimes I cook yummy dinners.

Mundanity and being busy.

It's important to work that it doesn't feel mundane. I feel a lot of emotions every day, and I enjoy the things that I'm dedicating myself to outside of work. Every weekend is a delightful escape from real-life that I cherish for the entire next week. I feel genuine happiness and acceptance with my friends. My students all seem to like me now. My life feels pretty good, given the unfulfilled-at-work proviso. But I sit down to write about it, and I have nothing. It's boring or it's too damned personal.

Sorry blog. I do still have lots to write about from that great trip I took back in January, though, so there is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment