Friday, March 7, 2014

My Deki

My poor little rattie. Magda sent me the first pictures a week or so ago, and the bottom picture today. What a sweet and beautiful boy. He still seems happy and at peace, but he has gotten that chubby little face over the course of the past week that means that he's not going to be much longer for this earth. And that's all right: he is a very, very old rat that has lived a long, happy, and healthy life. Plus, I'm sure he's getting to be missing his brother by now.

It still makes me really sad that I can't be there to hold him and kiss him, to keep him warm and to help him go quietly and calmly. I trust Magda implicitly, of course, and I know that she will be there and do for him exactly as he needs. I just wish I could help my little boy at the end.

I love you, Dexter. I hope that you can feel that, in whatever capacity you are capable of, despite the distance. I hope that you feel no pain or fear. You have been such a good, good boy.




1 comment:

  1. I love those guys because of all the joy they gave you. So glad I met and held them. They really were/are special little dudes.

    Thanks from me, too, Magda. You are a sweetheart for doing this for my girl and her babies.

    ReplyDelete