Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Nose to the Grindstone

I'm back teaching full-time, which is great. The time I spend in front of the kids flies by, leaving me happy and satisfied at the end of it. At the end of the day, though, it does wear you out. My throat is a little bit scratched up, a sign that it definitely got out of shape during the weeks I spent barely speaking Monday through Friday. I feel my legs reshifting into their "standing all day in slippers" position.

I'm also doing some exchanges, which eat up a lot of time but have their own rewards. Add in chiropractic once a week to keep my back on the mend.

Next week I'll have my first Spanish Conversation Hour. I've been to these before, but now I am hosting a new one, in a new place on a new day. I'm a little bit nervous: I really hope that people actually show up. But a part of me also sort of hopes they don't: if I try to organize this stuff, and it just doesn't work out, then I'll have a bit more free time, and will still have tried to enrich my life and seek out society and hobbies, right?

My Coursera course is going really well. It's interesting, and my brain is sorting itself into a clever sort of a state. Which was the goal, more than any sort of objective learning. I need to see if this brain of mine can handle a bit of academia, because that is information I need to make better decisions about my future.

So my life is going pretty darn good right now. But, damn it, I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment